Monday 26 January 2015

Generosity Abounds #3: Give and Take

Connection: There is give and take in generosity


To understand the give and take in generosity, Water group read The Self Crocodile by Faustin Charles. In the story, a selfish crocodile would not let anyone drink from or swim in the river and said that it was 'his river'. All the animals feared him until one day he had a bad toothache and a brave little mouse helped him. The crocodile was so thankful that he gave the mouse a present in return and invited all the animals back the river.


The children enjoyed this story so much that they dramatized it with puppets and even made stick puppets to bring home. They could see it is very important to share and be kind to others. Sophie said: "If you're mean, then nobody wants to play with you." Jayla added: "You have to have generosity then other people will be happy." We started telling about a time when someone else was generous to us and what they would do in return to thank them for their generosity.

Olympia: Bela plays with me. I will make him a card and give him a hug.
Sasha: My daddy and mommy plays with me. I will make them a heart.
Charlie: My daddy helps me.
Jayla: I was generous to my brother, I gave him a jellybean and he put on the TV for me. 
Sophie: My family takes care of me and play with me. I will make a picture for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment