Wednesday 9 October 2013

Sound Travels #11 - Vivaldi's Four Seasons

Today I started off group time by playing Vivaldi's Four Seasons for the children to listen to. Immediately the children got up and started dancing to the music. I asked the children why are they dancing. They said the music makes them feel happy and their bodies want to move to the music. I let them know that they are expressing their feelings about the music through their movements.

The Four Seasons Concerto was inspired by four paintings of the seasons by the artist Marco Ricci. To help the children understand that people have different perspectives and ways to express themselves, I asked them to paint a picture to each season as we listened to the music. It was interesting to see their colour choices and how each piece made them feel. I'm eager to see how they feel and their thoughts when I show them the paintings that inspired Vivaldi.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your blog Mary! I really enjoy reading it and how all the children are so engaged! I want to paint to music too!

    ReplyDelete