Thursday 15 November 2012

Colour My World #2 - Primary and Secondary Colours

Testing the colours
The results 
The Water Group started off their inquiry on colour with the concept change in mind. The children became scientists and tried to figure out how primary colours can make secondary colours. They eagerly tested the colours and recorded their findings. I love the way that the children worked together and voiced their thoughts and questions as they did their experiment. I could hear them say: "Let's see what will happen if I mix red and blue", "How about mixing all the colours (red, blue and yellow) together." and "Hey, I can't make the primary colours."
"I made purple!"

What a group of thinkers!


Painting with primary colours


Painting with secondary colours




No comments:

Post a Comment